FTA (Floor Tile Adhesive)
"MYMIX ‐ FTA (Floor Tile Adhesive)" is a thin set Cementitious dry mix mortar For installing Ceramic, Vitrified tiles and natural stones for interior floor applications.
"MYMIX ‐ FTA" is polymer modified tile adhesive which make it ideal for fixing tiles, natural stones and granite to most building substrates.
- Specially for interior floors and walls
- Small and medium size tiles fixing
- For Internal use and External use
- Easy to Apply, single component adhesive
- Extended open time
- Superior adhesion properties with adhesion to varies substrates
- Concrete wall and floor area
- Tile - on - tile aplication
- Cement mortar beds
- Dual purpose for floor and wall with good adhesion workability
- Suitable for solid subfloors
- Thin - set cementitious screeds
- Cement Plaster
How to Apply :
- Add 25 kg of “MYMIX‐FTA (Floor Tile Adhesive)” to approx. 6.5 litres. To 7.5 litres. Of cool and clean tap water and stir properly for 5 minute by hand or an electric stirrer to get a smooth and homogeneous mixture
- After stirring wait for 10 minutes, stir once again and apply the adhesive on the subfloor with the recommended adhesive notch trowel
- Press the tiles within 15 to 20 minutes with a shuffling movement in to the adhesive. Check regularly to ensure that the back of the tile is in full contact with the adhesive. Remove excess adhesive immediately from the joints
- The proper preparation of the surface will make the fixing easier and quicker ensuring a better finish. The surface should be flat with a tolerance of 4mm over a distance of 2 meters. It is essential that you waterproof wet areas prior to tiling.
- New concrete is recommended to be 1 month old for every 25mm thickness and completely dried before tiling.
- Under normal circumstances, i.e. a temperature of 20° C and a relative humidity of 65%, the joints may be filled after minimum 24 hours.
Technical Details :
|1||FTA – Mixing Ratio||6.5 to 7.5 litre water for 25 kg Material Approx: 25–30% by weight|
|3||Workability||Easy mixing and Self curing|
|5||Open Time @ 23 – 270 C||30 – 45 minutes|
|6||Pot Life||3 – 4 hours|
|7||Setting Time||24 hours|
|8||Trafficable Time||24 hours|
|9||Coverage for 3 mm bed thickness||65 – 75 Sq–Ft / per 25 kg bag|
|A||Dry Condition after 24 hrs||3.8 KN|
|B||Dry Condition after 14 days||14.50 KN|
|c||Heat Ageing Condition||11.50 KN|
|D||Wet Condition||10.80 KN|
|A||Dry Condition||1650 N|
|B||Wet Condition||1425 N|
- 25 kg. Project packing of 40 kg size is available on demand
- Factory sealed bags are best before 12 months from the date of manufacturing in unopened condition stored in dry area