GTA (Glass Mosaic Fixing Adhesive)
- MYMIX ‐ GTA is a polymer modified, Multi‐purpose Thinset adhesive
- For fixing glass mosaic, glass brick wall
- For Swimming pool tiles, marble and natural stones on variety of interior and exterior substrates for wall and floor applications
- Specially for interior floors and walls
- Small and medium size tiles fixing
- For Internal use and External use
- Multipurpose hi‐polymer modified thin set adhesive
- High bond Strength Suitable for exterior application of various tiles & stones
- High flexible adhesive
- Cement mortar beds
- Ceramic tile & stone
- Concrete Masonry
- Non‐skid adhesive
- Water – resistance properties
- Batter open time with good workability
- Cement Plaster
- Brick Masonry
- Cement Terrazzo
- Gypsum wall board (Interior application)
How to apply:
- Add 25 kg of “MYMIX – GTA (Glass Tile Adhesive) to approx. 6.5 liters to 7.5 liters of cool and clean tap water and stir properly for 5 minute, by hand or an electric stirrer , to get a smooth and homogeneous mixture.
- After stirring wait for 10 minutes, stir once again and apply the adhesive on the subfloor with the recommended adhesive notch trowel.
- Press the tiles within 15 to 20 minutes with a shuffling movement into the adhesive. Check regularly to ensure that the back of the tile is in full contact with the adhesive. Remove excess adhesive immediately from the joints.
- The proper preparation of the surface will make the fixing easier and quicker ensuring a better finish. The surface should be flat with a tolerance of 4mm over a distance of 2 meters. It is essential that you waterproof wet areas prior to tiling.
- New concrete is recommended to be 1 month old for every 25mm thickness and completely dried before tiling.
- Under normal circumstances, i.e. a temperature of 20° C and a relative humidity of 65%, the joints may be filled after minimum 24 hours.
Technical Detail: (As per IS 15477 & ANSI 118.4)
|1||GTA –Mixing Ratio||6.5 to 7.5 litre water for 25 kg Material
Approx: 25–30% by weight
|2||Product Colour||Grey and White|
|3||Workability||Easy mixing and Self curing|
|5||Open Time @ 23–27° c||40 – 45 minutes|
|6||Pot Life||4 hours|
|7||Setting Time||24 hours|
|8||Trafficable Time||24 hours|
|9||Coverage for 3 mm bed thickness||65–75 Sq – Ft / per 25 kg bag|
|A||Dry Condition after 24 hrs||4.8 KN|
|B||Dry condition after 14 days||19.50 KN|
|C||Heat Ageing Condition||14.00 KN|
|D||Wet condition||12.50 KN|
|A||Dry Condition||2200 N|
|B||Wet condition||2100 N|
- 25 kg. Project packing of 40 kg size is available on demand
- Factory sealed bags are best before 12 months from the date of manufacturing in unopened condition stored in dry area